About 27 students of Benue State Origin studying in Adamawa State University, Mubi, a Boko Haram troubled State have been evacuated by the Benue State government.
It was gathered that the Benue State government sent the state-owned
Benue Links bus to the troubled area amidst heavy security to bring back
According to one of the students who spoke at their arrival at Markudi,
they were in the school premises when they started hearing gun-shots,
which made them escape to the bush.
“When we started hearing gunshots, we ran to the bush. The situation
there is very bad. We spent three days on the mountains, drinking water
from the mud and had to walk 200 kilometres before we came to one local
government called Maiha, where some soldiers escorted us to Gombi, the
place from which we were finally evacuated to Benue State.
“We heard that some of our mates have fled to Cameroon while some are
still helpless in the bush. Three among us who were evacuated from the
place were very sick and had to be dropped at Katsina-Ala for
“We are more than 500 from both the university and polytechnic at Mubi
town, and only few of us have been evacuated, so we are pleading with
government to look for ways to bring back our brothers who are still
there,” he further commented.
The Chief of Staff to the Benue state Governor, Professor Saint
Gbilekaa, when reached for comments stated that the state government is
doing its best to ensure the safety of Benue State indigenes especially
students in Adamawa State.
According to him if the situation in Adamawa State persists the Benue
state government will demand the transfer of the affected students to
other institutions outside the troubled areas.
ENGLISH & NEWS LINK
- POEMS PAGE
- African Poetic Analysis
- Non-African Poetic Analysis
- English Idiom You Must Know
- HOW TO STUDY
- WAEC Literature Syllabus 2016-2020
- Read The Summary Of The Purple Hibiscus
- READ THE BEST POEMS ON OUR POEM and e-LIBRARY
- 2016 JAMB REGISTRATION
- READ THE FAMOUS NOVELS
- JAMB: Answer these 26 possible questions from Last Days at Forcados High School
- LEARN ENGLISH IDEOMS
- JAMB SUBJECTS ON EACH COURSE
- Figures of Speech ( stylistic devices )
- Overall summary of the Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike and The Successors by Jerry Adaga
- EDUCATION TIPS
- LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES/POLYTECHNIC AND THEIR CURRENT SCHOOL FEES
- CLICK TO ENTER NEUB EXAMS CLASS ROOM
- Read Literature Objectives Questions and Answers
- Biology Objectives Questions And Answers
- JAMB CBT Possible Questions On Commerce
- The Possible Questions From The Last Days at Forcados High School You Must Know
- Characters In The Book "Last Days at Forcados High School"
- CLICK TO READ GOVERNMENT PASS QUESTIONS HERE
- CLICK TO READ PHYSICS PASS QUESTIONS
- CLICK TO READ C.R.K PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ECONOMICS PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ENGLISH PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- READ GEOGRAHY PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- CLICK TO READ CHEMISTRY PASS QUESTIONS