Jamb has already officially announced that the 2015 official cut-off mark is 180 for Universities and 150 for polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other certificate awarding institutions.
However, from comments and feedback we have been receiving, it seems
that most candidates have not clearly understood the import of this information.
So we deem it necessary to explain it in details what it actually means.
Many a candidate for instance are of the opinion that
since they have
applied to study in a university and have scored up to 180 that their
choice institution must consider them for admission going by the fact
that the official cut-off mark for universities is 180.
You should know by now that most Federal Universitiesdue accept only
candidates who scored 200 and above and nothing less and even when such
universities adopts the official cut-off mark of 180 some courses will
demand that you still score 200 and above to be considered for
Similar issue applies to polytechnics and colleges of education with the official cut-off mark of 150.
You may ask yourself, "What is then the essence and profit of the cut-off mark if institutions won't stick to it?" We will explain.
The official 180 cut-off mark for universities only means and apply that no
university is permitted to accept any candidate with UTME score below
For the polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other certificate awarding
institutions that have official cut-off mark of 150, it means that non-
of these institutions will accept a candidates that have anything less
that 150 as UTME score.
So where as institutions cannot go below their official cut-off marks, they can go above the cut-off marks.
I guess you are well clear and find it now understanding.
Any further questions should be posted in the comment box below.
Thank you all...
ENGLISH & NEWS LINK
- POEMS PAGE
- African Poetic Analysis
- Non-African Poetic Analysis
- English Idiom You Must Know
- HOW TO STUDY
- WAEC Literature Syllabus 2016-2020
- Read The Summary Of The Purple Hibiscus
- READ THE BEST POEMS ON OUR POEM and e-LIBRARY
- 2016 JAMB REGISTRATION
- READ THE FAMOUS NOVELS
- JAMB: Answer these 26 possible questions from Last Days at Forcados High School
- LEARN ENGLISH IDEOMS
- JAMB SUBJECTS ON EACH COURSE
- Figures of Speech ( stylistic devices )
- Overall summary of the Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike and The Successors by Jerry Adaga
- EDUCATION TIPS
- LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES/POLYTECHNIC AND THEIR CURRENT SCHOOL FEES
- CLICK TO ENTER NEUB EXAMS CLASS ROOM
- Read Literature Objectives Questions and Answers
- Biology Objectives Questions And Answers
- JAMB CBT Possible Questions On Commerce
- The Possible Questions From The Last Days at Forcados High School You Must Know
- Characters In The Book "Last Days at Forcados High School"
- CLICK TO READ GOVERNMENT PASS QUESTIONS HERE
- CLICK TO READ PHYSICS PASS QUESTIONS
- CLICK TO READ C.R.K PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ECONOMICS PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ENGLISH PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- READ GEOGRAHY PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- CLICK TO READ CHEMISTRY PASS QUESTIONS