Latest scholarship update as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in collaboration with the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens(Including Nigerians) to participate in the 2017 Mexican Government Scholarship Program (Merit Awards for International Students).
Information reveal that this scholarship is offered to students who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate-level research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program in Mexico.
- Applicants must be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
- Applicants must have minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Applicants must a Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Applicants must have an academic excellence in the intended area of study.
- Applicants intended field of study in Mexico must be related to the applicant’s academic and job history.
The applicant must present a nominating letter from his/her government for the scholarship application to be processed. Submission of an acceptance letter, a nominating letter and/or all of the required documents does not automatically result in a scholarship. Applicants must go through the scholarship selection process.
The entire scholarship application process must be done at the Mexican embassy in the applicant’s country or at the concurrent embassy . NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED DIRECTLY FROM THE APPLICANTS.
The application deadline for this scholarship is on September 23 2016
Official Mexican Government Site Information and application
English Call for Application - PDF- Click here