I have constantly been in dilemma about why students fail in examinations even after reading so well for the examination and it came to my mind to ask questions. The only thing in my mind was why, why and why?
I met few guys to give me answers, but all they could tell me was that
before exams they used to read very hard even reading a text book more
than twice before the exam on the subject/course. They asked me isn't
that what we are supposed to do? And I told them yes you were right in
reading hard. Then why do they fail at the end of the day?
Many a student asks questions like these.
Here are the reasons why students fail or get below their expectations.
First it is the kind of book you read. Students who read very hard fall
victim of this. They read morning, afternoon and night at the end of the
day they start complaining 'this is not my result' guy lets face it; it
is your result but the problem is you didn't read the right books.
Every exam has its own style of question which is MOSTLY embedded in the
syllabus if you don't read in line with the schemes you are in trouble
already even before the exam. Sometimes, the books you read contain
things quite different from your syllabus but because you presume that
the book is on the same course/subject you go ahead in reading USELESSLY
Even when you find the
right books what next. Study SMARTLY not hard.
What do i mean by saying 'study in a smart way'? At times we read pass
the place that the questions will likely come from without noticing it
which is dangerous to our marks. So ask yourself questions when you read
and test how capable you are.
Another thing is illogical reading or not even reading between the
lines. This is what I personally call mathematical reading. Here if you
don't get a simple math about the time year of somethings you are
reading it is a problem. If MIRANDA is 15 years old and she arrived the
island when she was 3 you should know how many years she has spent on
the island. This is logical reading. Instead of using this positivity in
reading, we apply it when we watch Nigerian films because we can
logically determine how the movie would end. let's positively adopt this
in our reading too.
Know when it is best for you to read. Some prefer reading at night to
reading in the day time. I have this course-mate, he would gladly join
some guys in playing all day but at night when his friends are asleep,
he is busy reading. When it's time for result the guy scores higher GP
to the shaft his friends get. They kept on wondering is this not 'Barna
B' who we constantly play with, how come now? Let me quote this biblical
verse 'While men were asleep an enemy came...' back to my context, when
students were asleep, shrewd students were reading.
Not having a target. My Student model, Nelson Nwamara, will always tell
me: when you want to shoot aim the moon so that when you fail you will
hit one of the stars. Don't say you are an average student you can push
yourself beyond limits.
Read the right books. I created this so that guys can help fellow guys
by recommending the books and the way to study to get your targeted
score or GP in any examination. Thanks.
ENGLISH & NEWS LINK
- POEMS PAGE
- African Poetic Analysis
- Non-African Poetic Analysis
- English Idiom You Must Know
- HOW TO STUDY
- WAEC Literature Syllabus 2016-2020
- Read The Summary Of The Purple Hibiscus
- READ THE BEST POEMS ON OUR POEM and e-LIBRARY
- 2016 JAMB REGISTRATION
- READ THE FAMOUS NOVELS
- JAMB: Answer these 26 possible questions from Last Days at Forcados High School
- LEARN ENGLISH IDEOMS
- JAMB SUBJECTS ON EACH COURSE
- Figures of Speech ( stylistic devices )
- Overall summary of the Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike and The Successors by Jerry Adaga
- EDUCATION TIPS
- LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES/POLYTECHNIC AND THEIR CURRENT SCHOOL FEES
- CLICK TO ENTER NEUB EXAMS CLASS ROOM
- Read Literature Objectives Questions and Answers
- Biology Objectives Questions And Answers
- JAMB CBT Possible Questions On Commerce
- The Possible Questions From The Last Days at Forcados High School You Must Know
- Characters In The Book "Last Days at Forcados High School"
- CLICK TO READ GOVERNMENT PASS QUESTIONS HERE
- CLICK TO READ PHYSICS PASS QUESTIONS
- CLICK TO READ C.R.K PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ECONOMICS PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ENGLISH PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- READ GEOGRAHY PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- CLICK TO READ CHEMISTRY PASS QUESTIONS