The Committee of Deans of Student Affairs of Nigerian Universities (CODESANU), has charged Nigerian universities to admit students based on the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) quota, in order not to over-stretch facilities in the Nigerian University System (NUS).
This was contained in a communiqué released at the end of their
Conference at the University of Abuja on Tuesday, 30 September, 2014.
The Communiqué also called on universities to strengthen infrastructure
in the NUS and put in place strategies that would ensure adequate
security on university campuses.
This could include proper manning of university gates, wearing of
identity tags by staff and students and sensitization of students on
security issues on campuses.
The Committee also called on universities to always share data of
expelled students in Nigeria universities with the National Universities
Commission (NUC) and CODESANU, to avoid impersonation.
The communiqué in addition stressed the following;
The need for Nigerian universities to enter into public and private
partnerships to provide more hostels for students in order to reduce the
accommodation and security challenges experienced in most universities.
The need for universities to introduce students’ work-study schemes to assist financially-distressed students.
Only students with a CGPA of 3.0 and above should be allowed to contest
elections in order to reduce unnecessary tension with regard to Student
The Communiqué appealed to students of all tertiary institutions not to
allow themselves to be used by politicians during the 2015 elections and
advised university authorities, not to also allow political rallies,
under any guise, on university campuses.
ENGLISH & NEWS LINK
- POEMS PAGE
- African Poetic Analysis
- Non-African Poetic Analysis
- English Idiom You Must Know
- HOW TO STUDY
- WAEC Literature Syllabus 2016-2020
- Read The Summary Of The Purple Hibiscus
- READ THE BEST POEMS ON OUR POEM and e-LIBRARY
- 2016 JAMB REGISTRATION
- READ THE FAMOUS NOVELS
- JAMB: Answer these 26 possible questions from Last Days at Forcados High School
- LEARN ENGLISH IDEOMS
- JAMB SUBJECTS ON EACH COURSE
- Figures of Speech ( stylistic devices )
- Overall summary of the Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike and The Successors by Jerry Adaga
- EDUCATION TIPS
- LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES/POLYTECHNIC AND THEIR CURRENT SCHOOL FEES
- CLICK TO ENTER NEUB EXAMS CLASS ROOM
- Read Literature Objectives Questions and Answers
- Biology Objectives Questions And Answers
- JAMB CBT Possible Questions On Commerce
- The Possible Questions From The Last Days at Forcados High School You Must Know
- Characters In The Book "Last Days at Forcados High School"
- CLICK TO READ GOVERNMENT PASS QUESTIONS HERE
- CLICK TO READ PHYSICS PASS QUESTIONS
- CLICK TO READ C.R.K PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ECONOMICS PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ENGLISH PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- READ GEOGRAHY PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- CLICK TO READ CHEMISTRY PASS QUESTIONS