Everyone wants their life to be like a smooth sailing boat, but you can’t always escape the ups and downs in life; and the best way out would be to know how to deal with failure. So what is it that you should do to turn the table?
1. Accept It
It is tough to lose your dream, when you are just a few steps away from
making it a reality. But then, you can’t keep grumbling. At a certain
point, you have to get up and get going all over again. The best way is
to accept failure and move on.
2. Be Confident
Don’t let failure take over your esteem and ego. Once you feel it is
weighing you down, straighten up like a soldier again. At times of
defeat, it is not the failure that will pinch much, but the thought of
being ‘not good enough’. Losing your confidence over a disappointment
can be devastating.
3. It's Ok to Err
Whatever it may be about, failure can make you lose your composure. This
is the time to remind yourself that mistakes maketh experience. Use
mistakes as a stepping stone; don’t just sit on them.
4. Treat it as Temporary
When failure strikes, it seems like forever. Treating it like a bad
phase will make it end faster. Don’t give much thought to it and it will
not bother you much.
5. Take it Easy
You know that worrying does no good. Then why waste time on it? Cheer up
and take it easy. Taking things easier on yourself will make your life
much simpler and things much better.
6. Fight It
Don’t succumb to defeat. Choose to learn from it. You may think it is
easier said than done; try otherwise, and you will know. You may be
angry about your situation but will taking the stress out on others
help? No, it won’t. It will only make you more miserable. Fight failure
by giving it a challenge to get you down and out, and you will end up
loving the game.
7. Reassess Your Goals
Maybe you have set extremely high expectations. Maybe your goals aren’t
aligned with your objectives. Maybe you are doing it all wrong. The
standards that you have set for yourself are significant in deciding
your success. Just stop and think whether your capacity is appropriate
for your limits or not.
They say when close to failure, duck. But what should you do when
failure has struck? To be at ease would be good; the best would be to
focus on the present. Start afresh and focus on your dream again.
9. Keep Dreaming
Don’t give up on dreaming. They are the only thing that you get
motivation from to accomplish and prove your worth. ‘Nanakorobi Yaoki’
is a Japanese saying that means when you face defeat, keep trying.
That’s the essence of coping with failure.
You can choose to simply grow out of failure or grow up because of it.
Defeat is a great teacher. Use it for self-improvisation. If you messed
up something, your mistake should be your teachers for the future.
It is never you who fails or succeeds. It is always the effort. The crux
is to retain composure in victory and defeat. Last but not the least,
without failing you will never know how to be perfect.
ENGLISH & NEWS LINK
- POEMS PAGE
- African Poetic Analysis
- Non-African Poetic Analysis
- English Idiom You Must Know
- HOW TO STUDY
- WAEC Literature Syllabus 2016-2020
- Read The Summary Of The Purple Hibiscus
- READ THE BEST POEMS ON OUR POEM and e-LIBRARY
- 2016 JAMB REGISTRATION
- READ THE FAMOUS NOVELS
- JAMB: Answer these 26 possible questions from Last Days at Forcados High School
- LEARN ENGLISH IDEOMS
- JAMB SUBJECTS ON EACH COURSE
- Figures of Speech ( stylistic devices )
- Overall summary of the Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike and The Successors by Jerry Adaga
- EDUCATION TIPS
- LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES/POLYTECHNIC AND THEIR CURRENT SCHOOL FEES
- CLICK TO ENTER NEUB EXAMS CLASS ROOM
- Read Literature Objectives Questions and Answers
- Biology Objectives Questions And Answers
- JAMB CBT Possible Questions On Commerce
- The Possible Questions From The Last Days at Forcados High School You Must Know
- Characters In The Book "Last Days at Forcados High School"
- CLICK TO READ GOVERNMENT PASS QUESTIONS HERE
- CLICK TO READ PHYSICS PASS QUESTIONS
- CLICK TO READ C.R.K PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ECONOMICS PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ENGLISH PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- READ GEOGRAHY PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- CLICK TO READ CHEMISTRY PASS QUESTIONS