There are about 1.4 million young Nigerians who are waiting to hear that word congratulations; waiting to receive an admission letter that begins with it.
Sadly, only about 700,000 of these students will receive the good news.
But getting admission into the tertiary institution is just a tip of the
The sad fate of students, who have been unable to complete their
tertiary education for reasons ranging from peer pressure, cultism,
drugs and alcohol abuse to pure laziness should serve as an example to
fresh students, but this is not always the case.
Many fresh students still fall victims of these vices. Some other times,
challenges could be as minor as the most affordable way to get food or
the best ways to save your money.
Reports say that only about 25 % of Nigerian University students live on
campus. This means that for every student who lives on campus, there
are three others who face the stressful task of commuting to and from
school every day.
Staying off campus isn’t just stressful, it could
sometimes be dangerous. Most incidents of campus violence usually take place off campus.
But if you can’t make the 25%, and need to stay in an off campus hostel, don’t be alarmed.
However, ensure that you do your best to investigate your off campus
hostel. What sort of people stay there? What’s the security like? Be
sure to begin searching as soon as possible to get the best deals
available. If you need to share rent and board with someone else, do
your best to find out about your future roommate’s character.
Choose friends wisely
You have probably heard it time and time again that bad company corrupts
good manners. It might sound like a cliché to you; but it’s probably
ageless because it’s true. No, you will not get special grades for
making friends with the most popular people on campus. So don’t be so
desperate that you can do anything for
Take out time to pick friends that can spur you on morally and
academically. Remember that although campus streets may sometimes seem
like a movie set, you’re there to get a BSc, not an Oscar for ‘Best
Friendship on set.’
Start studying on time
It could be pretty overwhelming when you get into school for the first
time. There are lots of new places to learn about…let the library being
Apart from registration and some periodic orientation programmes, your
first few weeks will be the freest you’ll ever be in your schooling
Too early for trouble
There are so many things you need to prove when you get into school.
That you can break the rules and get away with it is not one of them.
The thing about trouble is that your record tends to stay with you and
put you into more and more trouble. If you don’t know the rules and
regulations of the institution you are about to enter, find out, and if
you can’t take the heat, don’t take the admission. Ask any parent; it’s
more honourable to have a child stay at home than to have him expelled
Watch your pocket
Cut your cloth according to your size. Don’t spend
money because other people are doing the
same. Budget properly before
spending a kobo; appropriate for giving, spending and saving.
Activism with caution
Of course, you should not hesitate to fight for your rights. But be sure
to do so within the rules and regulations of your institution, and
without violence and threats.
This Boyfriend-Girlfriend thing
On campus, you will most likely be surrounded by more members of the
opposite sex than you have ever been in your entire life. The choice
whether or not to enter a relationship as soon as you get into school is
yours. But bear in mind that you should get your priorities right,
right from the start.
ENGLISH & NEWS LINK
- POEMS PAGE
- African Poetic Analysis
- Non-African Poetic Analysis
- English Idiom You Must Know
- HOW TO STUDY
- WAEC Literature Syllabus 2016-2020
- Read The Summary Of The Purple Hibiscus
- READ THE BEST POEMS ON OUR POEM and e-LIBRARY
- 2016 JAMB REGISTRATION
- READ THE FAMOUS NOVELS
- JAMB: Answer these 26 possible questions from Last Days at Forcados High School
- LEARN ENGLISH IDEOMS
- JAMB SUBJECTS ON EACH COURSE
- Figures of Speech ( stylistic devices )
- Overall summary of the Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike and The Successors by Jerry Adaga
- EDUCATION TIPS
- LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES/POLYTECHNIC AND THEIR CURRENT SCHOOL FEES
- CLICK TO ENTER NEUB EXAMS CLASS ROOM
- Read Literature Objectives Questions and Answers
- Biology Objectives Questions And Answers
- JAMB CBT Possible Questions On Commerce
- The Possible Questions From The Last Days at Forcados High School You Must Know
- Characters In The Book "Last Days at Forcados High School"
- CLICK TO READ GOVERNMENT PASS QUESTIONS HERE
- CLICK TO READ PHYSICS PASS QUESTIONS
- CLICK TO READ C.R.K PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ECONOMICS PASS QUESTIONS
- READ ENGLISH PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- READ GEOGRAHY PASS QUESTIONS AND ANWERS
- CLICK TO READ CHEMISTRY PASS QUESTIONS