(1) Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in Agricultural Economics/Agricultural Extension
(2) Department of Animal Science PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in Animal Science
(3) Department of Fisheries PGD, M.Sc. and
Ph.D. programmes in Fisheries
(4) Department of Forestry and Wildlife PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in Forestry
(5) Department of Agronomy PGD, Professional Master, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in Crops Science, Crop Protection and Soil Science FACULTY OF ARTS
(1) Department of English and Literary Studies M.A. and Ph.D. programmes in English Language M.A. and Ph.D. programmes in Literature in English
(2) Department of Fine and Applied Arts MFA in the following areas: Graphics, Ceramics, Sculpture and Textile Design M.A. and Ph.D. Degrees in Art History Ph. D. Studio Art degree in: Ceramics, Graphics, Sculpture, Painting and Textile
(3) Department of History M.A. and Ph. D. Degrees in History
(4) Department of Music Postgraduate Diploma in Music (PGDM); M.A. and Ph.D degrees in Music.
(5) Department of Religious Studies and Philosophy M.A./Ph.D. Degree in Religious Studies: - Old Testament Studies - New Testament Studies - Church History – Sociology/Philosophy of Religion - African Traditional Religions - Christian Theology
(6) Department of Theatre Arts M.A. and Ph.D. in Theatre Arts
(7) Department of Languages and Linguistics M.A. degree programmes in: French language and linguistics; Literature in French; and Translation
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
(1) Department of Physiology M.Sc and Ph.D Degrees in Physiology
(2) Department of Anatomy M.Sc and Ph.D Degrees in Anatomy
FACULTY OF EDUCATION Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) M.Ed/Ph.D Programmes in the following areas of Education
1) Department of Educational Administration and Policy Studies M.Ed. and Ph.D. degrees in: Educational Administration; Higher Education Administration; and Educational Planning.
2) Department of Guidance and Counselling M.Ed. and Ph.D. degrees in: Guidance and Counselling; Measurement and Evaluation; and Educational Psychology.
3) Department of Library and Information Science PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Library and Information Science
4) Department of Curriculum and Integrated Science M.Ed. in Science Education – Biology, Integrated Science, Mathematics and Chemistry
5) Department of Social Science Education M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in Social Studies Education
6) Department of Vocational Education
i) M.Ed. and Ph.D. in Agricultural Education
ii) M.Ed. and Ph.D. in Home Economics
8) Department of Human Kinetics Health Education M.Sc. and Ph.D. in: Human Kinetics Education; Exercise Physiology and Sports Science; Sports Management; and Health Education POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES IN INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
i) Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) ii) Postgraduate Diploma in Basic Education (PGDBE) iii) Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Management (PGDEM) FACULTY OF LAW Master of Law (LL.M); Master of Law and Diplomacy (MLD) and Ph.D. in Law FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
1. Department of Accounting/Banking and Finance Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) M. Sc. and Ph. D. Degrees in Banking and Finance 2. Department of Business Administration and Marketing Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), M.Sc. and Ph. D. in Management Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), M.Sc. and Ph. D. in Marketing
FACULTY OF SCIENCE (1) Department of Animal and Environmental Biology Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Animal and Environmental Biology (2) Department of Biochemistry M. Sc. and Ph.D. Degrees in Biochemistry (3) Department of Chemistry M. Sc. and Ph.D Degrees in Chemistry with specialization in: Analytical/Environmental Chemistry; Inorganic Chemistry; Organic Chemistry; Physical Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry.
(4) Department of Geology M.Sc. in Engineering Geology/Environmental Geology/Hydrogeology; M.Sc. in Petroleum Geology; and M.Sc. in Mineral Exploration (5) Department of Mathematics M.Sc. Mathematics M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics (6) Department of Physics M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in: Geophysics, Solid State Physics; and Radiation & Health Physics M.Sc. in Theoretical Physics (7) Department of Microbiology Ph.D. programmes in: Environmental Microbiology; Food and Industrial Microbiology; and Medical Microbiology
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
(A) Business Administration Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) Professional Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) M.Sc Business Administration Ph.D. Business Management
(C) Department of Geography and Regional Planning M.Sc. and Ph. D Degrees in Geography and Regional Planning
(D) Department of Mass Communication Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Management (PGDCM); Professional Masters Degree in Communication Management (MCM); M.Sc. Mass Communication
(E) Department of Political Science M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Political Science (F) Department of Sociology Master in Crime Control (MCC); M. Sc. and Ph.
Degree in Sociology Admission Requirements
(A) General Admission Requirements i. Candidates for Postgraduate Studies must have a degree or Higher National Diploma from a Senate recognized institution. They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings. Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable, and ACE and TC II are not acceptable (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB). Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into all programmes.
ii. A candidate applying for Ph. D in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall or CGPA of 3.50. iii. Postgraduate Diploma Candidates must be holders of bachelor’s degrees in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other University with at least “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Upper Credit) recognized by Senate. (B) Specific Requirements Apart from the general requirements, candidates are also expected to meet specific departmental requirements for admission into different departmental programmes.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are required to visit www.delsuonline.com and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2017/2018 PG Admission form online and to also generate an applicant virtual pin of N31,000.00 (Thirty-One Thousand Naira) only. Payment should be made to any of the follow banks: Ecobank UBA Zenith bank Unity bank
Note: All applicants must submit photocopies of the following document 1. 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form 2. Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained 3. WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTED Certificate (not TC II)
4. NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate from NYSC only. 5. A 3 – 5 page research proposal indicating area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates) Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website before completing the application form. Candidates should submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents at the Postgraduate School Office, Abraka.
List of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately thereafter and end on 31st July, 2017.